The Reader Confessions Tag.


OK, so i haven't actually been tagged in this but it seemed like a fun idea and i'm doing it anyway.

1. Have you ever damaged a book?
Unfortunately yes , I once dropped a harry potter book (it may have been my sisters actually) in a bucket of wallpaper paste. Other than that no,but i do break the odd spine (on books not people) , i know that to a book lover breaking a book's spine is the 8th deadly sin but sometimes it's unavoidable. I also buy a lot of second hand books which have already been broken but that doesn't bother me . 
I  also damaged a Thomas The Tank engine book , well it got a bit wet when i was camping in the back garden (Don't ask) but it's still readable.
2.Have you ever damaged a borrowed book?
I haven't borrowed a book for about 14 years so no, and i don't remember damaging them when i did. although there was a book about trains  and a Dick King Smith book that i borrowed from the library at primary school and "forgot" to take back . I still have them.

3. How long does it take you to read a book? 
Tricky one this, but the simple answer is that it depends on the book and what mood i'm in and how much time i've got. another factor is whether I'm enjoying the book or not but i try to read 2 or 3 books a month (i know, i'm a shockingly slow reader.)

4 .Books you haven’t finished? 
The most recent book i didn't finish was Our Kind Of Traitor By John le Carre . it was my first Le Carre novel and i was hugely disappointed in it . I got 115 pages in , which according to my rule means i have to go back and finish it at some point . 

Other books i didn't finish include 
Dead Spy Running by Jon Stock
Dambuster by Robert Radcliffe 
Any Human Heart by William Boyd
Carte Blanche by Jeffery Deaver
I can't remember any more but i'm sure there are more. i'll add them if i think of any

5. Hyped/Popular books you didn’t like?
50 Shades Of Grey. I can't believe i've just admitted to reading that shite.
I'd also include the aforementioned Our Kind Of Traitor.

6. Is there a book you wouldn’t tell anyone you were reading?
50 shades of grey. I just don't understand why people would want to read about people having sex  .
7.How many books do you own?
God knows , i'm too scared to count them all up.

8.Are you a fast/slow reader?
depends on the book and if i'm enjoying it or not. If it's a james bond or jack reacher novel then i'll probably get through it in a couple of weeks. For   something like a Harry Potter book then i'll take my time , some things are best read slowly.

9.Do you like to buddy read?
I've never done it but i'd like to.

10.Do you read better in your head/out loud?
In my head , i'd look like a bit of a nutter if i sat on the train or in a cafe reading aloud to myself.

11. If you were only allowed to own one book, what would it be and why?
A Game Of Thrones because it would take me the rest of my life to read the bloody thing.

Well , that's it and now I have to tag some people so here goes. 
I tag. 
Allie Morgan 
Rose Mannering 
Mason Cross 
Andy Martin.
and 
Crimethrillergirl





Comments

Popular Posts