book review cleaning the gold by lee child and karin slauhgter




Cleaning the gold by lee child and Karin slaughter
Cleaning the gold is a short story featuring 6ft5 brick shithouse jack reacher and will trent , an undercover cop investigating a 22 year old murder . His main suspects name? Jack Reacher.  Reacher is on a mission of his own , to bring down a criminal gang operating at the heart of the American military .  Naturally there’s something much bigger at play something neither of them could have anticipated. Question is, can reacher and trent team up and play nicely?

Those of you who’ve read this blog before will know that I’m something of a fan of Reacher or Sherlock Homeless as I like to call him however I’ve not read anything by Karin slaughter before so I was keen to give cleaning the gold a go. Naturally being set at fort knox there’s a few Goldfinger references in there , sadly though that’s about as much as I can remember about the whole story , in fairness Its been a few months between reading the story and writing this .

To be  honest I found cleaning  the gold to be rather underwhelming , it felt rushed and I know its  meant to be short but it seemed to stop just as it was getting going , lots of short stories seem to suffer from this which is why I rarely bother with them. 
Happily one good thing I can remember is that the banter between trent and reacher was top drawer and I couldn’t tell who wrote what , normally when two best sellers team up you can but not so here.
Overall cleaning the gold is ultimately disappointing but its worth a read if you fancy something short and quick.
Verdict : average

Comments

Popular Posts